This list is not all inclusive and contractual provisions or other requirements/circumstances may require additional information to be provided. Before payment can be processed, a vendor must be setup in our system. You can be setup in our system by completing the Supplier/Subcontractor Registration Form.
There are three essential requirements our employees and vendors must adhere to:
- Payments require an approved purchase order from Sterling Industrial and invoices must not exceed the authorized PO amount for any material or service invoiced.
- IF conditions arise that require additional monies for any material or service, a PO Change Order must be processed and approved in advance.
- A “proper” invoice and supporting documentation must be received by Sterling Industrial Accounts Payable.
All invoices must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If email capability is not available, invoices should be mailed to:
PO Box 8004
Evansville, IN 47715
Statements should also be sent monthly to email@example.com or mailed when applicable.
*The Sterling Industrial, LLC standard payments terms are NET 30 Days.
Elements of a Proper Invoice
Each invoice presented by a vendor for payment must be clear and accurate and free from mathematical and quantity errors and contain the following elements to facilitate efficient and effective payment processing.
- Name of the vendor and “Remit to“ address
- Vendor invoice number and date
- Vendor contract contact name and phone number
- Valid Purchase Order number (*if applicable Change Order)
- Written description of goods/services delivered including part number, serial number, VIN as applicable
- Delivery date or service date
- Substituted items must have documented approval
- Quantity and unit price of item
- Extension on each line item
- Total Amount Due
- Payment Terms and Discount
- Shipping payment terms
- Invoices must be received by Sterling Industrial Accounts Payable within 30 days of the work completion or shipment date. Failure to do so may result in delayed or denied payment
Rental Vendor Requirements
In addition to the basic requirements detailed above, we have specific requirements for rental vendors. All vendors must submit to AP (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information upon initiation and termination of a rental agreement:
- Unit or serial number of the item(s) rented within 48 hours of delivery or pickup
- Description of the item
- Purchase order number associated with rental
- An estimate of costs such as freight, handling fees, expedited delivery fees, etc.
- Upon termination of rented items, an email must be generated and sent to AP stating the unit #, description, date, PO#, and bill of lading # and carrier used of returned items
- If item is returned using a common freight carrier, the bill of lading # of the return shipment should be included on the final invoice along with a copy of the bill of lading
- No item will be delivered or picked up for rental without a purchase order, vendors will not be paid for items rented without a PO
- Vendor will provide an inventory of all items on rent by location each month
- Invoices must be received by Sterling Industrial Accounts Payable within 30 days of the rental start date. Failure to do so may result in delayed or denied payment.
Vendors Billing Time (temporary labor providers, sub-contractors)
- If billing for a lump sum job, it should be indicated on the invoice.
- Billings must be received by Sterling Industrial Accounts Payable within 30 days of project completion if progress billings are not indicated with contract. Failure to do so may result in delayed or denied payment.
- If a job is being billed on time and material:
- Signed timesheets must be included
- Per diems listed on corresponding timesheet
- Material must be listed on invoice; appropriate receipts or invoices must be attached
- Consumables must be listed on the corresponding timesheet with appropriate signature
- Equipment changes must be listed on corresponding timesheet or work log for day and signed by a Sterling Industrial employee
- Billings must be received by Sterling Industrial Accounts Payable within 30 days of the dates listed on the time sheets if progress billings are not indicated with contract. Failure to do so may result in delayed or denied payment.
What is proper supporting documentation for an invoice?
Proper documentation will include timesheets signed by an Sterling Industrial employee; the name of the temporary or contract employee; delivery tickets where applicable and any other information made available to the biller to initiate invoicing by the vendor.