This position will oversee the efficient and accurate processing of accounts payable transactions. You will lead a team of accounts payable clerks, providing technical expertise, guidance, and support to ensure the smooth operations of the accounts payable function. This role requires a combination of strong technical skill, leadership abilities, and a deep understanding of accounts payable processes.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise in accounts payable processes and systems.
- Respond to internal and external accounts payable inquiries.
- Stay up to date of industry best practices and technological advancements in accounts payable.
- Lead and mentor a team of accounts payable clerks.
- Ensure team members are trained on relevant systems and processes.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and automation.
- Implement best practices to enhance efficiency and accuracy in accounts payable processes.
- Apply basic knowledge of sales and use tax for various states.
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounts payable preferred.
- Experience with eCMS and/or OnBase preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounts payable processes and systems.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills to prioritize work.
- Proven ability to drive process improvements and implement best practices.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federals, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance.
- Repetitive motion, substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, and viewing a computer terminal.
- Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.