Sterling Industrial Blood Drive
Without A, B, & O, we can’t save anyone.
Did you know?
- Every 2 seconds, someone needs blood.
- Only about 3% of the U.S. population donates blood
- 1 donation can save up to 3 lives!
To join the movement you can click on the link below to schedule to donate, share on social media, and refer a friend.Waterford Room 1449 Kimber Lane Evansville, IN 47715
Tips for the day of donation:
Get plenty of rest
Sterling wants to do their part! We are hosting a blood drive for employees, and family members of employees, Wednesday, July 11, 2018 from 8am to 1pm.
Join the #MissingType movement to raise awareness that blood donors are needed everyday to save lives of patients who depend on the generosity of volunteer donors.
- Stay hydrated, drink an extra 16 oz of water before appointment
- Eat healthy, iron rich foods, and avoid fatty foods
- Let them know if you have a preferred arm or vein
- Be sure to relax, listen to music, talk to others, or read when donating!
- Enjoy a snack
- Drink extra liquids
- Keep bandage on for a few hours and to avoid a rash clean area with soap and water
- If needle site starts to bleed apply pressure and raise arm straight up for 5 to 10 minutes
- Don’t do any heavy lifting or vigorous exercise the rest of the day
And remember to spread the word!